(Please do not share this information with anyone)
- I love drawing Civil War portraits
- Lucky number is 88
- Favorite color is green
- My great great grandfather was the mayor of New Orleans
- My best friend was voted wittiest in high school
- I am a high school drop out
- As a kid I wanted to be a teacher, architect, rock star, veterinarian, lawyer or a cartoonist
- Guilty pleasures are Americas Funniest Home Videos, Law and Order and walking upright
- Favorite bands/musicians: The Pretenders, Willie Nelson, The Beatles, The Stones, The Doors, Elton John, Neil Young, Cat Stevens, Ray Charles, Lucinda Williams, Van Halen, The Who, The Commodores, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Alison Krauss and The Indigo Girls
- I have played guitar since age 9 and drums for the past 15 years
- 75% of the time you'll find my car radio on country and all of my tires flat
- Movies: Grease, Star Wars, Urban Cowboy, Harold and Maude, Easy Rider, Breaking Away and Mask
- Actors: Kate Blanchett, Wes Bentley and Drew Barrymore
- Influential/favorite comedians: Laura Kightlinger, Brian Regan, Paula Poundstone, Tom Ryan, Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg, Greg Fitzsimons, Sarah Silverman, Nick Swardson, Maria Bamford, Zach Galifianakis, Dana Gould
- Pretty much everyday I'm wearin' argyle socks
- Can't get enough of eucalyptis oil/salts
- Sports: hiking, tennis, cycling, soccer, water skiing, fishing and boating
- Foods: thai, mexican, cajun and raw
- Astrological sign: Aries
- My two biggest fears in the world are quicksand and contracting leprosy. Oh, and I also wouldn't really want to be stranded alone bobbing in a lifevest with my legs dangling down in the middle of the ocean at night-i just wouldn't
- I wanna go to Thailand, Italy, Iceland, Akron and Milwaukee
- Love birds, cats and fish
- Currently writing a book very slowly
- I am fascinated by lefties
- Past jobs include: pizza delivery, child care, music promotion, barista, natural food store, assistant for Xena:Warrior Princess
Tig (affectionately named by her brother as a child) was born in Jackson, MS and raised by her single mother in Pass Christian, MS. During hot summer days, her artistic and free-spirited mother would feed the children all three meals at once, then hose down their diapered bodies in highchairs to cut back on cooking and cleaning, leaving more time for her to paint donkeys on the outside of their house. The family eventually moved to Texas, where they gained a new father who provided structure and alas...a house with no donkeys painted on the walls.
While serving time in a Texas high school, Tig failed three grades by entertaining classmates rather than entertaining the notion of a successful academic career. She decided to drop out of school in 9th grade at the tender age of 43 and move to Denver, CO., where she worked briefly in the music industry before moving to LA to lodge herself firmly into the always fun and always easy world of comedy.
Since getting her start in stand-up back in 1498, Tig has appeared in a number of television shows. Currently, she plays "Officer Tig" on THE SARAH SILVEMAN PROGRAM on Comedy Central and look for her as "Rhoda" on the upcoming ABC sitcom IN THE MOTHERHOOD (with Megan Mullally and Cheryl Hines.) In previous years, Tig was a recurring guest-host on AMC's MOVIES AT OUR HOUSE, had her own half-hour special, COMEDY CENTRAL PRESENTS TIG and guest-starred on Comedy Central's critically acclaimed DOG BITES MAN. She has also performed on NBC's LAST COMIC STANDING, ABC's JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE, NBC's LAST CALL WITH CARSON DALY, ABC's COMICS UNLEASED, Comedy Central's PREMIUM BLEND and this spring of '09, look for Tig on Showtime's new series LIVE NUDE COMEDY!
.....but, most importantly, Tig was fired as the sidekick on E!'s "The Chelsea Handler Show" pilot and Fox's "Girl Least Likely" pilot.
In 2006, Tig and fellow comedian Martha Kelly started the innovative Crackpot Comedy Tour, a series of house concerts across the country in the living rooms, basements, rooftops, garages, backyards, lofts and barns of their fans. The tour features rotating guest comics and local MCs in each town with occasional surprise celebrity drop-ins. Look for the Crackpot DVD on Stand-up Records-coming soon. Tig also completed, "Have Tig at Your Party," her DVD that features Tig standing still for an hour and speaking infrequently into the camera, in hopes of blending into any party once you press play. A la the burning log in the fireplace video. "Have Tig at Your Party" also includes segments of her stand-up and an infomercial with testimonials from fellow actors and comedians about what it was like to actually have had Tig at their parties. Over the years, Tig has also worked on various short films funded by director Sam Raimi (Spider-man, Evil Dead, Simple Plan), and started the highly unknown and unsuccessful, "ZeroDollarsAndZeroSenseProductions" with her producing partner and childhood friend, Beth Schorr.
Sure, this all sounds pretty exciting and promising, but when all is said and done, you might want to know that Tig has never been invited to the prestigious Just For Laugh's Festival in Montreal. However, for whatever its worth, she did appear at Bumbershoot in Seattle, SF SketchFest, SXSW in Austin, Vancouver Comedy Festival, Rooftop Comedy Festival in Aspen, The Chicago Comedy Festival, The Boston Comedy Festival, The DC Comedy Festival, The Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival, Toyota Comedy Festival in NYC, The Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland, Marshall's Women in Comedy Festival in LA and The Cat's Laugh Festival in Kilkenny, Ireland.
*On a side note, She has also been known to frequent county fairs. Totally unrelated to any and all of the above information.
These days, Tig performs regularly at the Hollywood Improv, the UCB Theater, and at Largo in her monthly show, "Tig Notaro and Friends"..... and of course, headlining clubs, colleges, theaters, and living rooms across the universe.
Tig currently resides in Venice Beach, CA, on the same street as Julia Roberts, but in a much smaller house.